PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Mimic Dungeon

Ponteaus
04-03-2016, 06:01 PM
I would like to see an enchanted mimic dungeon. This would be the same as the current mimic dungeon, but instead of dropping fully-leveled mimics, it would drop +1 enchanted level 1 mimics. This would make it easier to pile on the enchantments to our best cards.

sway_support
04-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Hi Ponteaus,

Thank you for your constant support in suggesting things to improve the game for our players. At present enchanted and EX drops are random in dungeons and Mimic's Dream event was meant to help users collect Mimics mostly for team leveling purposes. We'll pass this on to the team for review and consideration.

Thank you,
Sway Support

han255
04-04-2016, 03:19 AM
you could also use a "??th grade enchant collector" title during mimics dream to increase ur chances of getting an enchanted mimic, i know i do when i start mimic's dream

(this title requires some real purchases be made to achieve, u get a higher grade title and higher enchant drop percentage as u increase VIP level, so players who are religiously ftp players might find it distressing :p good luck)

Ponteaus
04-04-2016, 06:51 PM
I'd rather not see it tied to the VIP system. The awakening system and VIP freebies are plenty advantageous. Too many advantages tied to actual cash, and we'll lose the f2p community

han255
04-05-2016, 08:13 AM
i've only recently received the "8th grade/2nd lowest" enchant title solely thru the 2 per day pack, imo it is a good deal considering u incrementally get 60 diamonds from it over the span of a month for 4.50 (could be wrong about the figure in usd cause i'm from outside us), so the purchase doesn't make me feel like i've lost my sanity for paying actual cash, for a game

making a purchase would help support the developers too. i enjoy the game and don't feel handicapped by loaded players, so far, hoping it stays that way

Ponteaus
04-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you wanted to tie titles to the new dungeon I proposed, but you meant I could just use existing titles to get more enchants. Yeah, I've got eighth grade as well from 2-per-day, but I generally use the bonus to free shoes refill title. I wonder what grants the greater overall boost to enchants collected: the direct boost titles or the greater number of shoes....

DreamyKawaii
04-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Please gift me shoes xoxoxo I accept friends

han255
04-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you wanted to tie titles to the new dungeon I proposed, but you meant I could just use existing titles to get more enchants. Yeah, I've got eighth grade as well from 2-per-day, but I generally use the bonus to free shoes refill title. I wonder what grants the greater overall boost to enchants collected: the direct boost titles or the greater number of shoes....

nah i meant on the existing mimic dungeon and yes those enchant collector titles would probably directly effect ur enchant drop rate since they specifically increase "enchant drop rate"............ hold on, are u saying having a greater number of shoes increases enchant drop rate??? ._.

han255
04-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Please gift me shoes xoxoxo I accept friends

sorry but other players can't send each other shoes (yet? :p), but u can however log in during 18.00 - 19.00 or 10.00 - 11.00 PST to receive extra log in bonuses which are a random set of: shoes, atk hp boosters, coins, or even diamonds

han255
04-05-2016, 11:37 PM
nah i meant on the existing mimic dungeon and yes those enchant collector titles would probably directly effect ur enchant drop rate since they specifically increase "enchant drop rate"............ hold on, are u saying having a greater number of shoes increases enchant drop rate??? ._.

i just realized how my answer could've misled u to think i was talking about ur proposed dungeon, i should've mentioned my initial suggestion is off topic sorry

Ponteaus
04-06-2016, 06:01 PM

No, more shoes don't increase enchant drop rate. I meant I like to use the "x% chance to fill Recharge Gauge x2" to recharge more quickly and so get more free shoes. Since I recharge faster and thus have more shoes, I can play more dungeons in a day than a player using the % increase to enchant drops and so have more chances for an enchant to drop.

So my question is, after a day of playing, which strategy would net more enchants?
(A) % increase to enchant drop chance - fewer dungeons are played so fewer cards are dropped, but there's a higher likelihood of a card being enchanted
(B) % chance to refill gauge - more dungeons are played and so more cards are dropped, but chance a card is enchanted is smaller

So at the end of the day, which strategy gives more enchants: fewer cards with a higher enchant rate, or more cards with a lower enchant rate? Without knowing the base enchant drop rate, I doubt we can know which is the better strategy for farming enchants.

han255
04-06-2016, 09:00 PM
No, more shoes don't increase enchant drop rate. I meant I like to use the "x% chance to fill Recharge Gauge x2" to recharge more quickly and so get more free shoes. Since I recharge faster and thus have more shoes, I can play more dungeons in a day than a player using the % increase to enchant drops and so have more chances for an enchant to drop.

So my question is, after a day of playing, which strategy would net more enchants?
(A) % increase to enchant drop chance - fewer dungeons are played so fewer cards are dropped, but there's a higher likelihood of a card being enchanted
(B) % chance to refill gauge - more dungeons are played and so more cards are dropped, but chance a card is enchanted is smaller

So at the end of the day, which strategy gives more enchants: fewer cards with a higher enchant rate, or more cards with a lower enchant rate? Without knowing the base enchant drop rate, I doubt we can know which is the better strategy for farming enchants.

Enchant title only increase 5% with each grade and the initial title starts off at 5, so the supposed "1st grade" enchant title would boost ur enchant drop rate by 50%........ Which is a fair percentage imo but you'd have to fork over a ridiculous amount of cash if u want to get that title quickly or get by longer thru 2 per days.

There is however another enchant title I've seen that is not the same as "#th grade enchant collector" that we've been talking about here, it's called "#th grade enchant hunter"; I'm not sure what bonus this other enchant title grants nor how to get it or if it's just another variation to the same "collector" title when it reaches the high grades.

To answer ur question I'd say, it depends. Let's say in this case we're farming in the existing mimic dungeon (cause the monster drop rate has a guaranteed 20% itself which makes it ideal to farm for enchants) and in what situation are the two strategies advantageous:
A) + you have significant enchant drop rate boost from title (I'd say 40% above)
+ you're only in it for farming enchants in intervals and don't care too much about filling the recharge bar or extra mimics

B) + you don't have a significant boost in enchant drop rate from title
+ you like to fill the recharge bar while farming and are looking for extra mimics

So ideally A) possesses necessary title, high enchant drop rate, focused, B) does not possess title, low enchant drop rate but recharges bar and gives extra mimics.

Personally I usually depend on the 11x enchant card arena reward if I'm in need of enchants, 20 arena points isn't much of a hassle to get. Oh, If by "base drop rate" u mean the base drop rate of the monster itself then I have no idea.