PDA

View Full Version : Combining cards

Mandora
05-18-2016, 03:58 AM
Hi.
How does work the new feature to combine cards using the scrolls you receive from duel mode? I could not find any ingame help.

Ponteaus
05-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Yeah, far as I can tell Sway hadn't said anything about what combining is our how it works. I was able to do a combination: a low level water spell with a water quest monster that had recently dropped from Avengers' Tales. far as I could tell, I just received the monster card back with no change.

Note that there are new 6-star versions of some of the quest cards in the Monster Collection, numbers 665-671. You can't seemingly evolve to these from lesser cards, so I assume toy have to reach them via combination. No idea how it would work though

Cyanide
05-18-2016, 06:53 PM
Yeah, far as I can tell Sway hadn't said anything about what combining is our how it works. I was able to do a combination: a low level water spell with a water quest monster that had recently dropped from Avengers' Tales. far as I could tell, I just received the monster card back with no change.

Note that there are new 6-star versions of some of the quest cards in the Monster Collection, numbers 665-671. You can't seemingly evolve to these from lesser cards, so I assume toy have to reach them via combination. No idea how it would work though

Ei ya!

Which Combine option didja choose? The [Other Low Level Scrolls] one? What card didja get back? A scroll or the water monster (coz I'm p. sure that shoulda been a scroll). I tried just now with some spare 3* cards and a low level earth scroll. I got a low level fire scroll back. If you got the same scroll back maybe it's a probability thing?

I thought Combine was pretty straightforward. You trade in some cards for either a different random card or a random higher * card (8x cards for 1 higher * card). The higher level combinations seem to require scrolls and you can also combine multiple lower level scrolls for 1 higher level scroll (8x scrolls for 1 higher level scroll).

So under "Material" it lists what stuff you need for the combination and then on the right ya see what "Scroll" and how much monies is required for it. You all know scrolls are part of the rewards for Duel ranks right? I'm guessing we get better scrolls the higher our ranks are (or we can collect a bunch of low level ones and combine them).

I uh, have no idea about the new 6* version of the main story characters on the Monster list right now tho. I think they're still "unpublished". Maybe they're for another event story or smth? We're gonna have to wait for Sway's news about that, I guess. ^^;

Ponteaus
05-19-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm don't remember what options I chose or what I got back. I only had one combine option, so I chose it to see what would happen and was thoroughly unimpressed. Since you can't even enter the combine menu without supplies, I have no idea what happened

Duel rewards are terrible. I'm in top 1% in silver and will only be getting 7 low level scrolls. Hopefully I can do well in gold next week, but so far duel looks like another giveaway to p2p players :-(

Cyanide
05-19-2016, 06:29 PM
Well, as I've not used scrolls for higher level combis yet I'm not sure about the rewards but I've been holding pretty well in Duel despite being F2P 'til now. Granted, I'm still in Bronze (I've been focusing on getting my max cost up) so I'm not sure how well I'll do later. Things were p. bleak that first week when EVERYONE and their grandma was in Bronze tho. DX

As for Combine, there's only one option I see that asks for 1 monster card + scroll and that's the first one [Other Low Level Scrolls]. I've been having fun trading in all my useless 3*s for 4* - 5*s with the other options and they don't even require scrolls! (just 10 - 100 coins)

Here's something I found tho, you don't need to have the materials to see what's required for the combi options. Just hit one of the options and you'll get the usual "you do not have the monsters etc." prompt. Hit confirm on that and then tap on the Select Materials button (yes, even if it's inactive) and it should take you to the combi screen where you can see the materials needed for the option. Not sure if that was intentional but it's p. nifty.

Of course, the area where you see your available cards would be black (coz you don't have enough materials) but at least now you know what cards you gotta save up? They've even got options for Mimikeon and Skill Potions, man. That's kind of a big thing (considering we get free diamonds regularly and some of us have draw cards we really aren't attached to anyway and I'm guessing we could use this with Decompose too for those accidentally Awakened cards n' stuff). OwO

Theronlightfoot
05-20-2016, 07:40 AM
Here's a list of the current combinations I have available. I can add to this table as I get more, and if you tell me other combinations I'm missing that'd be great.

Cards Needed
Scroll needed
Coins needed
Result of Combination

3 star (1x)
Low level scroll (any)
Other low level scrolls

3 star (2x)
None
Random 3-4 Star card

3 star (x8)
None
Random 4-5 star card

4 star (x2)
None
Random 4-5 star card

Fire element 5 star (x8)
Fire (low level)
Random Fire element 5 star card

Water element 5 star (x8)
Water (low level)
Random Water element 5 star card

Earth element 5 star (x8)
Earth (low level)
Random Earth element 5 star card

5 star (x8)
Any low level scroll
Max Level Mimikeon King

Mandora
05-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Thank you so much for your replies. I learned a lot. And it is very usefull. But I am not ready to give up from some cards yet. LoL. To make a skill potion I would have to use a 6* premiun card. And I use the few I can spare for awakeing. It is a pity normal drop 6* cards, like the ones from events, can't be used for that.

Loredin
05-22-2016, 02:23 AM
what is the purpose of scrolls ?

Cyanide
05-22-2016, 11:54 PM
what is the purpose of scrolls ?

Heya.

They're materials for the new Combine system with the last update to the game. Higher level combis need higher level scrolls (though some combis don't require scrolls at all, just coins).

I can add to this table as I get more, and if you tell me other combinations I'm missing that'd be great.

TL;DR: Like I mentioned, it's possible to access the combi materials list thru the method I mentioned in my last post. Tap on the combi option, [confirm] the prompt and go ahead and tap on the [Select Materials] button to see the requirements but I guess putting up a table's cool too.

I'm switching up the row order so we have the combi names first (following the in-game list)

Result of Combination
Cards Needed
Scroll needed
Coins needed

Random Earth Element 5 Star
Earth Element 4 Star (x8)
Earth, Low Level

Random Water Element 5 Star
Water Element 5 Star (x8)
Water, Low Level

Mid Level Fire Scroll
Low Level Fire Scroll (x8)
None

Mid Level Water Scroll
Low Level Water Scroll (x8)
None

Mid Level Earth Scroll
Low Level Earth Scroll (x8)
None

High Level Fire Scroll
Mid Level Fire Scroll (x8)
None

High Level Water Scroll
Mid Level Water Scroll (x8)
None

High Level Earth Scroll
Mid Level Earth Scroll (x8)
None

Fire Scroll, Ignis
High Level Fire Scroll (x8)
None

Water Scroll, Niebe
High Level Water Scroll (x8)
None

Earth Scroll, Lapis
High Level Earth Scroll (x8)
None

Other Mid Level Scrolls
4 Star
Mid Level

Other High Level Scrolls
5 Star
High Level

Random Fire Element Premium 6 Star
Fire Element Premium 6 Star (x2)
Fire, Low Level

Random Water Element Premium 6 Star
Water Element Premium 6 Star (x2)
Water, Mid Level

Random Water Element Premium 6 Star
Water Element Premium 6 Star (x2)
Water, Mid Level

Skill Potion
Premium 6 Star (x2)
Mid Level

Random Fire Element Premium EX 6 Star
Fire Element Premium EX 6 Star (x2)
Fire, Mid Level

Random Water Element Premium EX 6 Star
Water Element Premium EX 6 Star (x2)
Water, Mid Level

Random Earth Element Premium EX 6 Star
Earth Element Premium EX 6 Star (x2)
Earth, Mid Level

Select One Fire Element Premium 6 Star
Fire Element Premium 6 Star (x8)
Fire, High Level

Select One Water Element Premium 6 Star
Water Element Premium 6 Star (x8)
Water, High Level

Select One Earth Element Premium 6 Star
Earth Element Premium 6 Star (x8)
Earth, High Level

Phew, that was a wall of text. We'll also notice that Ignis, Niebe and Lapis aren't in the requirements for any option so I'm guessing they're there for actual monster team purposes/collection purposes. Kinda like the Mimikeon King cards but for scrolls?

Akado40
05-23-2016, 05:38 PM
Heya.
S N I P
[COLOR="#008080"]Phew, that was a wall of text. We'll also notice that Ignis, Niebe and Lapis aren't in the requirements for any option so I'm guessing they're there for actual monster team purposes/collection purposes. Kinda like the Mimikeon King cards but for scrolls?

First, thank you for the list!

Second, the named scrolls have "Element change" for their element, which are currently not farmable skills. Guinevere, Anne, etc have them and they are 25/12 (base, max). So, the named scrolls offer a way to raise those skills.

So far, I'm very happy with the option to combine 3* and 4* cards and have a chance for other 3-4* or 4-5* cards. That's really helpful.

However, the high end recipes just scream "timesink". At Rank 11 in gold (10%) I got 4 mid level scrolls and 8 low level scrolls. Theoretically, that means 2 weeks to get a single high level scroll. And 16 weeks to get a named scroll. Also not very impressed with the "premium" combines. I can't see myself ever doing them, simply too expensive.

Anyway, I'd like to mention that the "Decompose" option costs a low level scroll and allows you to un-awaken a 6* card. For example, if I have a twice-awakened Beautiful Anne, I can decompose her into two 6* Beautiful Anne cards.

Decompose would serve two purposes that I can see:
1) If a player awakened a card that can be used in two slots, but would rather use two non-awakened cards (one in each slot) this gives them that option.
2) if you want to use eight 6* cards to pick a single 6* card, this can help.

Ponteaus
05-25-2016, 03:45 PM
First, thank you for the list!

Second, the named scrolls have "Element change" for their element, which are currently not farmable skills. Guinevere, Anne, etc have them and they are 25/12 (base, max). So, the named scrolls offer a way to raise those skills.

So far, I'm very happy with the option to combine 3* and 4* cards and have a chance for other 3-4* or 4-5* cards. That's really helpful.

However, the high end recipes just scream "timesink". At Rank 11 in gold (10%) I got 4 mid level scrolls and 8 low level scrolls. Theoretically, that means 2 weeks to get a single high level scroll. And 16 weeks to get a named scroll. Also not very impressed with the "premium" combines. I can't see myself ever doing them, simply too expensive.

Anyway, I'd like to mention that the "Decompose" option costs a low level scroll and allows you to un-awaken a 6* card. For example, if I have a twice-awakened Beautiful Anne, I can decompose her into two 6* Beautiful Anne cards.

Decompose would serve two purposes that I can see:
1) If a player awakened a card that can be used in two slots, but would rather use two non-awakened cards (one in each slot) this gives them that option.
2) if you want to use eight 6* cards to pick a single 6* card, this can help.

There's no use for named scrolls yet. I wonder if there will be some way to earn them faster when a use for them is released

Loredin
05-29-2016, 05:15 AM
thx for the tip, I ve been combining a lot these days :o

Loredin
08-04-2016, 04:47 AM
it looks like you can get interesting cards from combinations when you combine same element and same type for 4 star cards. Still to verify if this is not a luck matter.