PDA

View Full Version : An issue about persuading in the prison.

Sediar
04-16-2017, 10:44 AM
I don't know if this is a glitch or if I'm just not understanding the process properly. I had 3 star Thailant in captivity. I used 5 star Snaker, his current 153% ability to persuade and gems to reduce time to tame down the hostility level to zero. And yet five consecutive tries at that 0 hostility did not successfully persuade. I have no Thailant still.

Now I'm sure down the road I'll get him through random summoning or exploring gameplay, but after hours time, thousands in gold and lots of gems spent for what appears to me should have been a definitive result I have to assume this is some glitch in the persuasion process itself, or specific to this villain. Because if it's not, it's an intentionally created drain of resources & funds.

babehboi
04-16-2017, 03:37 PM
More than anything its just random. And some mathematical calculations in the background that allows you to persuade some better than others.

Trust me, I think we've all been in your field of frustration - but having 0 hostility in itself does not guarantee persuasion...honestly, I would waste gems/runes on reducing time on some characters....i have a 200%+ and he'll still fail every so often.

Sediar
04-17-2017, 07:40 AM
Well whatever random equations they have in play, given the presented intent of the system I see no reason the villain wasn't persuaded with so many criteria on my side and several costly attempts made after costly efforts to reduce the hostility level to zero.

Other than using the persuasion system for one or two star monsters for food I'll be discontinuing use of the prison system. It's very obviously designed to suck up funds and resources.

BL00DY1
04-26-2017, 01:09 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch or if I'm just not understanding the process properly. I had 3 star Thailant in captivity. I used 5 star Snaker, his current 153% ability to persuade and gems to reduce time to tame down the hostility level to zero. And yet five consecutive tries at that 0 hostility did not successfully persuade. I have no Thailant still.

Now I'm sure down the road I'll get him through random summoning or exploring gameplay, but after hours time, thousands in gold and lots of gems spent for what appears to me should have been a definitive result I have to assume this is some glitch in the persuasion process itself, or specific to this villain. Because if it's not, it's an intentionally created drain of resources & funds.

I have also wasted much time and gold unsuccessfully on prisoners​ early on. I have over 1600 on hero I use now and 3* became basically a guaranteed hero around 1200 int although sometimes it takes only a few tries, it can take me many many more but have never hit 0 on any 3* since 1200 and got almost all my Thailants this way since there was only one drop spot until the recent update. He is definitely worth the effort! Just wait till int totals 1200+. As far as 4* go, I tried one time only around 1200 and wasted over 2m in gold and plenty of my time as well. I doubt I will ever bother to try to again after that honestly! But 3* i get all the time now without any such issues.

I hope this helps. Don't give up! Just wait till 1200+ int to try and get any 3* to avoid getting screwed again....

Oh, also I noticed you said "1 & 2 star to use as food"

STOP!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE ALTER EXCEPT TO COMPLETE DAILY QUESTS!!

I used it all the time and thought it was great despite being warned not to by folks in the oldest clan here Syn, early on. And I learned the hard way that exp is plentiful, food is not though. I was trying to use the alter to "catch up." But in reality it made me just fall farther behind. My hero's often have better gear, same or better skill levels and often even matched buff levels from clinic. But mine are not even close in Hit points/damage often sadly.... :-/

Remember, there is no way of recouping all the food/time wasted rushing hero's to 100 using the altar and it's going to hurt you, not help you in the end. Now that all heros I have gotten drops for or scrolled to be able to raise to 100 are 100 or very close to it at least. And despite "catching up" to many with my hero levels, I am still nowhere near as strong as those who warned me.... :-(

Do not fall into this trap! Use the altar for daily quests at most and focus on city growth and clinic buff levels or after being months in already, you may be so frustrated you just quit like I almost did....

Good luck and happy gaming!